Musashi Miyamoto, Samurai Quote For Tattoo – if you know the way broadly, you will see it in all things
The famous quote by Musashi Miyamoto, `if you know the way broadly, you will see it in all things` in Japanese letters, is available by an instant download for your tattoo design. Miyamoto Musashi was a legendary swordsman and philosopher whose words continue to inspire people around the world. His timeless wisdom and unique perspective on life make his quotes perfect for those seeking meaningful letter tattoos.
The quote is available in 3 writing styles to choose from (see the samples in my examples) . The design is created by a native Japanese speaker and 100% accurate. Your tattoo artist does not need to know any Japanese.
if you know the way broadly you will see it in all things
Author : Musashi Miyamoto
This quote is from his famous book, ‘The book of Five Rings’.
Miyamoto Musashi’s quotes are more than just words – they’re a way of life. His teachings on honor, discipline, and self-improvement resonate with people from all walks of life, and make for beautiful and meaningful letter tattoos. You can check his other inspirational quotes such as 21 precepts in his life philosophy, ‘Dokkōdō’ (The Way of Walking Alone) which is a short work written a week before he died in 1645.
Here are the 21 precepts.
- Accept everything just the way it is.
- Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
- Do not, under any circumstances, depend on a partial feeling.
- Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
- Be detached from desire your whole life long.
- Do not regret what you have done.
- Never be jealous.
- Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
- Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself or others.
- Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
- In all things have no preferences.
- Be indifferent to where you live.
- Do not pursue the taste of good food.
- Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
- Do not act following customary beliefs.
- Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
- Do not fear death.
- Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
- Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
- You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honour.
- Never stray from the Way.
For a complete set, click here.
Who is Musashi Miyamoto?
Musashi Miyamoto is one of the most famous samurais in Japan.
He is well known for his unique double-bladed swordsmanship（二刀流） and undefeated record in his 61 duels.
He is considered to be Kensei（剣聖）, the sword saint.
There is a button to download the file right after checkout and no need to wait for me to send it to you. Then you just simply forward it to your favourite tattoo artist. The letters are 100% accurate and he/she does not need to know any Japanese. The file contains both calligraphy style and line art (Stencil).Stencil is what your tattoo artist must have to ink the tattoo as it serves as the outline to trace the artwork onto your skin.
NOTE : The letters DO NOT NEED TO BE MIRRORED, they should appear just as it appears on the print-out.
PDF or JPG?
All letters fit in a 22cm (8.66inch) x 8cm (3.14inch) frame. Depending on the number of letters, the size of each letter varies to match the sentence to the vertical limit of 22 cm and they may not fill the entire frame horizontally. New line starts after certain syllables if necessary or appropriate to do so (Please see the example image at the end of this page to see how it is laid out for this particular product)
Please select the pdf version if you want to resize the letters to your perfect needs as it is illustrator-editable and resize-friendly. Your tattoo artist can make it bigger or smaller with no problem.
Here are the example files for your reference.
3 different styles
You have 3 writing styles to choose from for this design.
each style gives different impressions and I have summarised in the gallery above.
How to order
Just simply tick your preferred style and hit the ‘purchase’ button. You have 3 writing styles to choose from for this design. Each style gives different impressions. In a nutshell,
- Style 1: Elegant, Delicate
- Style 2: chic Sophisticated
- Style 3: Earnest, Sincere